Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submitted essay is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Chicago Manual of Style.
- The submission is written in one of the journal languages: Dutch, French, Spanish, US English, UK English, or Papiamento.
- The submission is either an original empirical research article, 3,000–7,000 words in length (including notes and references/bibliography), or a book review or an arts exhibit review, 750-1,000 words in length.
- If the submission is a research article, it includes an abstract with no more than 200 words in the original language of the article and, in the case of a research article in a language other than English, it also includes an abstract in English.
- If the submission is a research article, no reference to the author’s name is included within the article.
ArticlesSection default policy
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.