Who can submit?
The members of the UWI economics departments including staff and masters/Ph.D. students can submit their work in progress or ready for/submitted to a refereed journal. Other UWI members can also submit their research in cases of interdisciplinary research or topics that are covered by economics. The objectives, rules and procedures of the UWI Economic Working Papers provides more information.
What can be submitted?
The following are the types of work considered:
- work presented in a seminar or conference and revised following the suggestions made by the discussant and other participants;
- studies submitted for review or possible publication in a refereed journal or likes (it can be submitted in another version);
- papers already subjected to peer reviewing of some kind with comments taken into account;
- work already reviewed by a faculty member;
- studies that has been published and where the policies of the publisher allow to include it in a working paper series;
- work in progress not read by anyone.
Only papers that have not been published in another working paper series elsewhere can be considered.
The requirements of the papers are:
- Not more than 10,000 words
- Abstract, up to 100 word
- Keywords, up to 4
- JEL codes, 2-4
- Introduction without separate title/headline
- Tables and Figures positioned in the main body of the text
- Bibliography contains only material referenced in the text; all material referenced in the text must be included in the bibliography
- Appendix comes after the bibliography
The copyright to each of the UWI Economic Working Papers lies with the author(s). Any quotes and references must refer to the name of the author(s) and the "UWI Economic Working Papers".
The name and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available to any other party.