Journal History

Tropical Agriculture (TA) was first published by the West Indian Agricultural College (WIAC) in Barbados over 1921–1924 as a Caribbean agricultural magazine. When the Imperial College of Tropical Agriculture (ICTA) evolved from WIAC on the St Augustine Campus, Trinidad in 1924, it continued to publish TA, but as a journal for international tropical agricultural research through 1924–1959. In turn, over 1960/1962 the ICTA evolved into The University of the West Indies (UWI) Faculty of Agriculture which published the journal through 1960–1995. In 1996, the Faculty of Agriculture merged with the Faculty of Science to form the Faculty of Science and Agriculture, which continued to publish the journal. Presently, the new Faculty of Food and Agriculture, formed from the de-merger with Science, continues to publish the journal.