Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word.
All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed in separate files with in-text references made at appropriate points within the body of the paper.
For example, within the paper: Eg. "Table 1 about here" or "Fig. 1 about here".
Files should then be listed according to their in-text reference: Eg. Table 1.doc(x).
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Authors must supply DOIs at the end of each entry in the List of References
Invited EssaysThis section carries selected, invited essays on a theme or special focus or state of the art essay, review or analysis identified by the Editorial Board officers (Editor and Associate Editors)
Original Research ArticlesThis section carries original peer-reviewed research articles. These articles must not be published previously, should not be under review elsewhere, and should state the article history e.g. previous versions such as a conference oral or poster presentation. Submission of articles is subject to conformity with ethical standards (IRB approval for research with human participants), declaration of funding or other support, and declaration of any conflict of interest
Authors are responsible for securing permissions to reproduce copyrighted work and to provide such documentary evidence prior to publication.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, with the work for three years after publication simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.